According to royal sources, Prince William and his wife Kate are considering taking Prince George and Princess Charlotte to Queen Elizabeth’s funeral on Monday.
The new Prince and Princess of Wales are debating whether to take George, 9, and Charlotte, 7, to their great-state grandmother’s funeral at Westminster Abbey.
Prince Louis, 4, whose antics wowed the crowd at the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee in June, is thought to be too young to attend.
The royal couple is still debating whether to bring their children, who are now second and third in line to the throne, according to sources. Palace insiders said the children’s appearance would never be confirmed ahead of time.
The funeral will be attended by 500 foreign dignitaries, including President Biden, who arrived in the UK with First Lady Jill Biden on Saturday night.
As she and her husband viewed floral tributes outside Sandringham last week, the Princess of Wales revealed how her children were dealing with the Queen’s death.
“The children are doing well and they are being looked after at school,” she said, though one crowd member was told George was said to understand the loss of his great-grandmother more than his younger siblings.
One well-wisher explained: “She said they were keeping things as normal as possible for the children.”
“She says the children were settling in well to their new school and Kate was grateful for the support. I joked I had to be quick because I had to do the school run and she said she was heading back to London to do it as well.”
The children all began school at Lambrook School, near their new Windsor home, on September 8, the same day Her Majesty died at Balmoral at the age of 96.
During another walkabout, Kate revealed that Louis had told her, “At least Granny is with great grandpa now.”